As of Monday, March 6 workers from Canadian Hearing Society offices across Ontario are on strike.
- We have not had a contract for four years
- We have not had a wage increase for four years, while executives’ pay continues to rise
- CHS is demanding major roll backs to our health benefits
- Many of us are Deaf, Oral Deaf, Deafened or Hard of Hearing. Almost 90% of our members are women. Health benefits are of vital importance to us
- We have been trying to reach a deal that works for everyone, but after 40+ years of labour peace CHS refuses to negotiate for a fair deal
To show your support for the members of CUPE 2073 please click here to send a message to Julia Dumanian, CEO of the Canadian Hearing Society.